Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our 5th year Anniversary!


I can't believe that Russ and I have married for 5 years already! It has definitely flown by. Last night we had such a fun time going to church, a new restaurant, and Marble Slab for dessert. We thought it would be a good idea to go to church on Saturday night since it was our anniversary. We go to the Corpus Christi Catholic Cathedral and last night the bishop was saying the mass! Usually the bishop only says mass for special occassions and services, but we were in luck last night. I guess a higher authority was looking down on us on such a special night in our lives. After mass when we were leaving church we said good-bye to the Bishop Carmody and told him it was our anniversary and he gave us a special marriage blessing. I felt so touched that Russ and I could start our 6th year of marriage in such a memorable way.


Next, we went to this neat little Italian restaurant that we have always wanted to try called Mama Mia's. I now know why it is always packed...................it is out of control delicious! This place has tons of old world charm! As soon as you walk in, the owner, a sweet plump Italian man, welcomes you with a big smile and a hearty laugh as well as the opportunity to drink some wine with him. Now this place was packed, I wonder how many glasses he had had since we got there! Also the ambiance (spell check) reminds me of stepping into a family restaurant in Italy. Everyone has rosy cheeks (from the wine of course) and laughter feels the air and even though Russ and I had never been there it felt like we had eaten there a million times. For you Midlanders think Luigi's (dare I say it) only better! After we had eaten way too much and collected our prize winning doggie bags we head out the door, only to be stopped by the owner. He gave Russ a hug and told him I looked beautiful pregnant (awwwww....I was blushing) and gave me a great big hug with kisses to both cheeks. Yes this is definitely a place that I will visit again! Next time I hope to have a sip of that wine!


For dessert, we could not pass up a visit to the Marble Slab. Since growing a human, I have delighted in visiting this place at least once every other week. Now I have made Russ a fan. So we picked up some ice cream and headed home.


For some this evening seems quite ordinary, but for me and Russ it was a wonderful day to remember how we became us and now we look forward to what we have in the future: a sweet baby girl! I feel blessed in knowing that we have such special friends and family to share our life's adventures! God Bless and we will keep you updated!




3 comments:

Stuart, Jennifer, Hannah and Hudson Yeager (Phoebe and Daisy too!) said...

Happy Anniversary! Don't worry, Grace Ann will be adorable and look soooo cute in all her pink and bows! I continue to stalk your blog for updates on her arrival!

The Bigham Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Not boring at all - completely perfect! It doesn't feel like five years at all! Talk to you soon - it is almost time! Yippee!

Buck McDaniel said...

That is so very sweet. I love your blog Alice Ann. You picked a good layout. Check out my blog sometime. http://buckmcdaniel.blogspot.com/