Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Grace Ann is ready!

We went for our 38 week check-up and oh my did Russ and I get a surprise! At many of our doctor's appointments he would check me out and say "Looks good, see you next week." But today we heard something different, "So when do you guys want to have this baby?"

What?! I was not prepared for that! Apparently, I am dilated to 2cm and effaced 80%! So first we scheduled for her to arrive on FRIDAY, but now a days hospitals work like a Holiday Inn and there were no vacancies. So we will be induced on August 20th! Yikes! We are so excited to meet this little girl, but we are still very scared. Everyone knows how the unknown can freak you out, but then when it actually happens you think what was I worried about?

My biggest fears thus far are:
1. PAIN
2. Needles
3. Sleep deprivation
4. Did I mention PAIN?

However, my excitement outweighs the fears because like Marcie said, "You finally get to see what she looks like!" So that will be awesome. Plus just seeing a little person with a little bit of me and a little bit of Russ, I think that moment will be were words can't describe how we feel ( I know me speechless.....that's an oxymoron).

So please wish us well as we scramble for one last date, one last clean sweep and one last peaceful night of sleep! Our lives will be changed and we couldn't be happier!

2 comments:

Darby Basham Brown said...

just remember to push and you will get-er-done! We can't wait to see pics!

Laura said...

Oh my! I could not be more excited right now! Grace Ann will be here next week! How wonderful! You will be fine...just ask for the drugs!