Thursday, August 21, 2008

GraceAnn meets her brother, Oscar Mayer!




When we brought her home from the hospital our first task was introducing the girl to the dog. I had read this book about how to acclamate your pet to your baby and these are the steps to follow:


1. Put a blanket from the hospital in the dog bed before coming home from the hospital.
2. When you come home let the "mom" greet the dog first by herself.
3. Let "dad" bring in the carrier and get baby out.
4. Let dog lick babies' feet.
I know these sound funny to some but for my dog people friends this makes a lot of sense. Well we are at day 6 of GraceAnn's existence and so far so good. We are still very cautious with the two of them, but Oscar seems to be in protective mode with the girl. So for now we are very happy with the progress.
I must sign off because we are taking a ride in the car---how exciting!!!! I have make-up on and lipstick (plus I shaved my legs). Now it just doesn't get better than that!

2 comments:

Janai Rogers said...

you're doin great, momma!

Kristin and David said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl! She is so beautiful! Have fun being a new mommy and try to sleep when she does!

~Kristin