Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We survived Ike!

As most of you all know we left town and headed for Midland to avoid the hurricane, but thank goodness we lucked out and it missed the Corpus area. I am sad to note that my parents and several friends didn't fare as well in the Houston area. My parents live north of Houston and have no power as do many others in the area. When we returned from Midland we were lucky that my mom decided to come and visit and wait until the power came back while Rick stayed to take care of the house.

Although we didn't want to travel with Grace Ann being so young, we REALLY enjoyed our trip to Midland. We were able to visit with our friends and to see Oceana! Everyone loved seeing Grace Ann and were so welcoming to us in our time of need. It is so nice to have such wonderful people in our lives.

I have to say that GA (Grace Ann) was a trooper and traveled well in the car. The trip up to Midland took 11 hours and back was 9 hours! Whew.... what an adventure!

I want to post pics of the playdates we had but I didn't take the pics. Please visit my friend's blog: The Rogers, to see the pictures. You can find her blog on the right side with the list of blogs.

Pictures of Grace Ann at 4 weeks are coming soon. We go to the doctor today for my check up so after we get back I will get busy downloading pictures.

1 comments:

Janai Rogers said...

so glad your mom is coming to stay with you. a little extra help will be nice too!