Sunday, February 17, 2013

36 weeks

 Me and my sweet, sweet girl on our way to a friend's baby shower!
She was so excited to go to a "girl party" where she kept saying that no boys were allowed to come!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along? 36 w 3 d
Weight gain: a ton!
Gender: BOY
Symptoms: Everything and anything! But mostly, my main complaint is the fact that my right hand is so numb and tingly and my left hand just aches and aches (mostly during the night time).  Plus I am just a swollen mess and can't wait to get that over and done with!  
Cravings: All kinds of things...you name it, I want it!  But now I just can't eat much, due to lack of room and by the time I eat something terrible I just feel yuck!
Trying to do:  drink lots of water and watch my salt intake for the swelling, but I have come to realize that EVERYTHING has salt in it!  
What I miss:  good sleep without an enormous belly!  turning from one side to the other is such a chore and has taken its toll on my back, plus I am ready to get back to running!  I miss my alone time where you can just run that stress off! 
Any progress: I went to the dr. on Friday and I am dialated (spell check) to 2 cm.  But I could stay that way for the next 3 weeks, so we will see!  
But just in case, Russ and I are packed up. Secretly, I think Russ is a little nervous that my water will break when I am alone with the kids and he will be super worried about how we will get to the hospital. But hopefully, that won't happen and we will be induced!  
Best moment this week:  Having some alone time with Grace Ann on Saturday when we went to the shower.  I know that it will take me a few weeks (maybe months) to get into the groove of having 3 kids plus balancing quality time with each of them.  

And just a sidenote, I am so proud of our kids today at church!  They BOTH behaved so well and I didn't leave with a bead of sweat!  Yay for small victories! 

0 comments: