Monday, November 10, 2008

Belated Halloween pics and GA is growing up!

Belated Halloween Pictures!
Camden the Bear....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Grace Ann the ghost........Boo!
(She's missing her super sassy bow)




Grace Ann sitting in her big girl bed complete with bunny slippers!
(She's looking at me and Russ wondering why we are laughing hysterically at her while she is trying to stay sitting up!)
Well, it finally happened! Grace Ann is now sleeping in her crib! I never thought I would want her to leave our room (yes, I know that sounds silly) but on Saturday night when she was officially 12 weeks I was READY! I can't believe that she has grown so much! For the past few weeks we have been practicing crib-sleeping by letting her take naps in it and on Saturday she went down in the crib like it was not a big deal. I really feel like a proud parent! Another thing that made this experience so great was the use of the video monitor. For weeks I had debated with myself if this was really a necessary purchase or a parental splurge but I will have to say that it is an awesome purchase! All I have to do is shut her door and then go into my room and watch her fall asleep and then I have some peace.




I have wanted to post GA's Halloween outfit but I can't seem to scan in the pictures that we took in Houston so I am going to post a picture from the hotel room when we were in Baton Rouge. On Halloween, we all went out to eat at Ninfa's (apparently that is the best Mexican food they have east of the Mississippi) and took the babies with us, dressed in their Halloween costumes. We got a lot of compliments from all the locals! Funny tidbit: Enjoli and I enjoyed a margarita and we haven't had hardly anything to drink since we are nursing and let me tell you........half a margarita later and we were chatty Kathie's and a little light-headed. Needless to say we started drinking water! But it was fun to cut loose and enjoy Halloween!





4 comments:

Ryan said...

Let me go ahead and confirm that Ninfa's is the "best" ehem...Mexican food in Baton Rouge. We tried other places but always came back to Ninfa's. I figured that OMS - Old Man Sebring would have wanted to eat some cajun food for every meal.

Sara Te said...

Yea for GA sleeping in her big-girl crib! I'm glad you're getting a little break.

I love her little tutu ghost costume! Super cute!

The Bigham Family said...

Isn't it nice once they move to the crib? Wait until she sleeps for 8 hours! It is heaven!
The Ghost outfit is too cute! your mom did a good job on it. I have some goodies for Grace Ann that I will try to get in the mail this week or next.

Janai Rogers said...

I can't believe what a little lady she is becoming. I am sad she was not wearing that bow, and so is Brody. He went through some rough stuff picking out that bow!