Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Big News and A Whole Lotta Pictures!

WE ARE MOVING TO SAN ANTONIO!

The past few weeks have so very busy and crazy for us that I just don't know where to start!  In April, Russ and I decided to put our house on the market because as much as we LOVED our house, it was getting pretty tight for all of us.  So our house went on the market the end of May and we had an offer about 3 weeks after that and THEN, Russ had an interview that we have been praying for, but it was in SA.  I was very much on the fence with this because I was heading back to work this fall as a Pre-K teacher. GA was going to kindergarten at my new school and I had the boys squared away with an excellent babysitter.  It was perfect, or so I thought.....

When Russ said he was applying for this job, I just did not think that it was going to just line up for us the way it did. But here we are moving to San Antonio after living on the coast for the past 8 years! I am so going to miss my friends, my kids' friends, the water and just the laid back atmosphere. But change is good, and I am so glad that several of my close college girlfriends are already in the area, plus my brother and his family are stationed at Lackland and we will be living less than a mile apart from each other!  I have not lived this close to my brother since he left for college 18 years ago.  

Our older kids are going to the same school so my SIL and I can coordinate school pick-up and drop-off. And the best part is that I can walk GA to school with the boys in tow, no carseats and no cranky kids as I yell for them to get in the car! 
 OCEANA'S VISIT (JUNE)
 Walking into the water gardens

 Reading some history...
 Not impressed...

 Enjoying a nice cold lemonade.
And there's these guys....
 Winston's Candy store, they have a rattlesnake in a cage that is quite scary looking.

 You have to have a shark picture.


Me and Oshi going to see a movie, she is so grown-up! I can't believe she will be 14 in just a few weeks!  
This girl is just awesome and I am so proud of her character and her special heart.  I am so lucky to have her in my life! We love you, Oceana!

1 comments:

Sara Bading said...

congrats...and just a week after your story gushing how much you love portland was featured in the bend. enjoy SA...i am sure you will