Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter in Cleveland!











Last week was not too fun for me due to an unexpected stomach flu and the A/C went out in my car! Also did I mention that Russ was working in the valley for the whole week! Grace Ann was a trooper as I laid on the floor holding my stomach asking her to play nice while I made my many trips to the bathroom ( sorry for the mental image). Thankfully it only lasted 24 hours! However during that time my sweet friend Natalie called me, left me a message and said she was on the way to the hospital to have little Sophie! Did I check my messages all last week? NO- I did not! So on Sunday night I texted her to let her know that I would be going to the hospital on Monday to be with her for her C-section was scheduled for Monday, but I missed everything! What a friend I am.....I felt terrible when she called me on Monday to tell me she had Sophie last week! But praise the Lord Sophie is doing great with the help of everyone's prayers she is breathing on her own and her heart surgery went off perfectly!!! I was so thrilled that everything went as planned and now they are waiting for Sophie to learn how to eat and gain a little weight!
After re-couping from the stomach flu I realized that my A/C was blowing hot air! Wonderful! I live in South Texas and living without A/C is just not an option! So after visiting my local Ford repair shop and paying my lovely bill my car was back in business! Lightning please don't strike again for a while!
Somehow after all that I am still smiling because like you and I all know as long as you have a healthy family and Jesus is in your heart, simply stated: Life is good!
We had a great and joyful Easter with my folks in Cleveland and after the rain cleared up GA got to play outside on a blanket! I will post more pics soon (Rick took some great shots)!

2 comments:

thetomlinsons said...

Cute girl!!!

Janai Rogers said...

wish you were here. i could take care of GA and todd could take care of the AC. Miss you!