Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Henry at 11 months!


Clean cut Boy
(Shhh...his mama actually combed his hair for this picture!)

Messy Boy


Oh, what a boy I have on my hands! And I love it! I say to Russ almost everyday that we are in for it and he is going to be just like him! This little guy continues to melt my heart on a daily basis and I can't kiss and hug him enough! I think that's because there will be a day where he will look at me like I am CRAZY when I swoop in for a kiss....so right now he gets the hug and kiss buffet!

As of today, we are days away from his first birthday! Shocking, I know. Time literally passes you by when you don't even realize it and one day you wake up and BOOM it's a year later! Lately, I have been trying to picture my life a year ago and it is really hard sometimes, because my baby boy is growing up and Grace Ann has turned into a big girl overnight. Unless, I watch some video clips we have, I just can't picture them younger than what they are now.

Before I forget, here are the boy's happenings lately:

  • He now has hit the "separation anxiety" stage and will at any moment freak out when a new face gets too close. I feel so bad, because he warms up to them but it takes him a while.
  • He gets terrorized, on a daily basis, by big sister! Yikes, what the future holds for us!
  • Moving and moving all over the place, but no walking yet.
  • Standing while holding on to something.
  • He has begun to get ready for Season 14 of Dancing with the Stars by practicing his groovy moves. What is about babies dancing that is so darn cute?! I just giggle and giggle at him and he loves it!
  • Don't get me wrong he is definitely his daddy's little buddy, but this guy is a Mama's boy! (At least for right now, right?)
  • He loves banging bowls on the floor while crawling around. It can get pretty loud around this house.
  • He is also in the stage of any small particle on the floor is automatically viewed as food, so he just sticks it in his mouth! Well, 2 spiders and tons of carpet fuzz....he is ready for Fear Factor folks! (I am constantly vacuuming!)
  • Thank the Lord he is still sleeping 12 hours at night and taking a long nap during the day. I am in the process of just getting him down for one nap, so he has been a little cranky getting used to it.
  • New teeth coming in on top! Not a happy camper!
  • He loves to be rocked before going to bed with at least three songs and books. He is particular this one and of course I love it!
  • I started weening him from breast milk this week, so by his first birthday he will be on whole milk! Yay....goodbye breast pump...hello freedom!
  • He is eating all kinds of "real food" and so far he loves: pizza, pancakes, bananas, green beans, pasta, potatoes, yogurt, tofu, cheese and avocado! So far he hasn't been disgusted by what I have given him, but I know that won't last long!

Next stop, Henry's 1st birthday! Stay tuned for a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" birthday party!



0 comments: