Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's getting HOT in here!

Whoa--did someone turn off the AC or what?! I can remember back in February when all the teachers were sharing their experiences in the teacher's lounge about pregnancy in the summer. They would say how hot they had been and how they had even installed a window AC unit because of the heat. Of course in February I just laughed it off and thought to myself, a normally cold person, that will never be me. Well, I am definitely eating my words or rather thoughts now. I am 32 weeks along and feeling like all I want to do is walk around in my birthday suit (sorry for the mental image of an 8 month pregnant woman) but apparently that is against the law and I am not pregnant in a nudist colony. Soooo I am out of luck.

Russ and I have been super busy this summer. Well, Russ has been super busy trying to get in as many fishing trips before the baby comes and I am busy with grad school and teaching summer school. Again I never realized how tired I would be in the last few months of my pregnancy. Little GraceAnn just takes the energy right out of me. As of right now I am doing my clinical observation hours (25 to be exact) and taking 6 hours to finish up my leveling courses for the Speech Path. Assistant program. When I finsih this lovely set of classes, I get the opportunity to apply for the "real" grad program to be a licensed Speech Path. Sounds fun, right? Well, despite the grueling hours of homework I am now experiencing, I am really excited about the actual job. Poor Russ, last night he asked, "So when do you think you will be totally finished with this?" My answer of 2011 kinda freaked him out a bit, but thank goodness he is so understanding about my continous education and truly supports my goals.

Well, that's what we have been up to in a nutshell. I hope everyone is staying cool this summer! I hope to post pictures soon, but homework awaits....now onto past perfect and past progressive verb tenses!!! Yea for me!

1 comments:

Stuart, Jennifer, Hannah and Hudson Yeager (Phoebe and Daisy too!) said...

I just found your blog from Janai's and I cannot wait to read all about your sweet baby girl coming soon! Congratulations! I added your blog to ours www.midlandyeager.blogspot.com so I can keep up!

Thank you for sending the sweet card! You are so thoughtful :)

Jennifer