Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun in the Sun

On Sunday afternoons during the summertime I LOVE to go the beach and sit in the water! So I convinced Russ that we need to do as much of this "fun in the sun" stuff as possible before GraceAnn arrives! After church we loaded up the Cherokee and took off for the National Seashore at Malaquite Beach. It's about a 40 minute drive but well worth it. I am afraid that the pics don't do it justice as to how beautiful it looked. The water was so nice and blue/green. The only downsides to the Texas coast are the seaweed and the lack of white sand.

Here is the pregnant lady sitting in the best chair ever! It sinks down in the sand and you can feel the waves splash your feet and legs!
Russ took his fishing pole and headed out into the surf! Don't worry I warned him about the sharks. Everyone laughs at my shark obsession, but I just want to be prepared.
A wonderful self-portrait of me and Russ!
(Notice I am sporting the Bobcat visor..."Eat 'um Cats.")
Speaking of wild animals, we did see a coyote on the dunes behind our car. Thank goodness we decided against bringing Oscar!!!

1 comments:

thetomlinsons said...

Great pics! I wish we were on the beach with you guys! Enjoy your Sunday afternoons!!!