Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Womb with a View!


We went to the doctor today for our 22 week check-up and got lots of pictures of our sweet little girl! She was a movin' and a shakin' all over the screen! The sonogram tech. said that we definitely have a very active baby. I hope that isn't a preview of what is to come in the future....... We were so amazed that she can move so much. We even got to see her suck her thumb! I can't believe that little babies in the womb can already perform those kinds of tricks.

At our appointment we found out that she weighs 1lb. 1oz. and that she is very low and head down. I keep telling her that she needs to head north for the summer but I guess she is like her mom and likes the warmer weather.
Another blessing at our appointment was a prescription of some much needed heartburn medicine. I had never experienced this type of pain before, but last night was terrible. I woke up at midnight with horrible chestpains and shortness of breath. But apparently this is very normal....Wonderful....pain is normal! With that said, I am still thankful for modern medicine and that I don't have to rely on my trusty bottle of Maalox and Tums.

As you can see in our sonogram pics they are not very easy to see. For some reason I can't blow them up bigger when I scan them in. I have to play with it...stay tuned for future posts. The ones you are seeing are of her spine and she is laying on her tummy with her head down. Russell says that she looks just like me when I am taking a nap....hmmmm...maybe she will bless us with many naps!





1 comments:

Laura said...

If you double click on the picture, it blows it up for the viewer so that we can get a better look! So fun!