Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thoughts of a Kindergartener

I can truly say that I love my job. I love getting to be the drama queen in charge of my 22 wonderful kindergarten students.......however today was a tiresome day with those little rascals. But I want to look past all my negative thoughts I am harboring about today and think back to the funny things they have said over the course of my pregnancy.

On the day I was going to my doctor's appointment to find out the sex this is what I heard:

"Make sure that doctor gives you some C-Inspections Mrs. Sebring!"

"Will you have a boy or a boyish girl?"

Just recently at recess today:

"I can see your baby coming in, Mrs. Sebring. And when it does you need to go to the doctor."

A day in the life of kindergarten is probably some of the hardest work I have ever done, but I have to tell you it is some of the best work I have ever done. I always knew that I would love this grade someday because I have such a great role model, my mom, who taught and loved what she did, too. I guess you can say that if you have grown up a teacher's kid you will always have the heart of a teacher. God Bless all my teacher friends! We do make a difference and one day I know that those "bags of money" will come rolling in!

Have a great day and remember when those most negative thoughts enter our minds, think of something funny! It gets me through those "tiresome days."

0 comments: