Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Yes, WE are having a baby!

Well it finally happened! Russ and I have entered the realm of realizing that we are grown-ups and feel that we can handle the task of raising another human. Even though it seems, to Russell, that I still need practice giving the dogs enough water!

We had been praying for a baby to come into our lives for over a year and we found out right before Christmas. Talk about a wonderful Christmas present! We thank God everyday for bestowing this gift to us!
As of today I am 13 weeks, but I feel like it has definitely been longer. I am so excited about this new LIFE-CHANGING event but I do have some concerns:

1. As I look around my classroom I see character traits that I do NOT want my child to have.....to those of my teacher friends you know what this means!
2. The sleep thing or lack of it freaks me out! I operate best on a minimal of 10 hours a day.
3. When we bring the baby home---NOW WHAT?!
4. One word: CHILDBIRTH ( For those of you who are in the " I have given birth to a human club" I need your advice)
5. Lastly will my backside ever return to its original shape? Or do I have to do lunges til I am blue in the face.

All in all I am sure all these concerns will be addressed at some point in time by my friends and family! I am very blessed to have two wonderful sisters-in-law who will help me with anything I need! Marcie, Russell's sis, who just had our precious nephew Jack in March 2007 and Enjoli who is expecting our other nephew Camden in June!

We go to our doctor on Friday, so I will post some more news and hopefully a 1st trimester picture then!

1 comments:

Laura said...

You are going to be a wonderful mom! I am so excited for you! Don't worry; your fears are exactly what I am worried about. I'll find out the truth and get back to you soon! Love you!