Sunday, September 20, 2009

You Go Girl 5K Fun Run

Well, I laced up my running shoes and headed out to the "You Go Girl" 5K with my mommy group! Let me just tell you it was pretty dang hard! I haven't ran very much this summer and I was definitely feeling it around mile 1.5! But thankfully I had my MJ on the IPod and when Thriller came on I did feel a little pep in my step. I had two goals: one to not walk and two to finish. So after 35 min. and 46 seconds....yep that's right (11:30 minute miles) I finished.

Here is a little snapshot of the group! We look pretty peppy for having to up SUPER early when we would rather sleep in........



Some of the girls did the 2mile walk and these girls did some fast walking! They placed first and fourth! Way to go Nicole and Sara!

GA and Russ came and showed their support by getting up early and shuttling me over to the race. What a great hubby! And GA was a trooper, too! Until the next race and I am definitely going to get back to better running regime!

0 comments: