Tuesday, March 25, 2008

One more day and it's killing me!

Just another day in paradise? Is that how the song goes? Well, it is not paradise waiting to see what kind of child Russ and I are going to bring into this world. We finally go to see Dr. Wilder for our 18-20 week ultrasound and appointment and I am so excited.

We only have one sonogram picture and that was taken at 7 weeks and all I see is a blob of whiteness. So seeing arms, legs and other various body parts will be a treat! My only concern is that my sweet little baby will act a little bit like its father (and maybe its mother too) and be very stubborn about not uncrossing those legs. I have spoken to many of my friends about this matter and thus far have gotten this advice:
1. Drink a coke and eat a candy bar to get the baby ready to go.
2. Jump around the ultrasound room.
3. Wait til next time. (this is terrible advice)
At least 2 of those might work but number 3 is not my best virtue. Whatever we find out our main concern is that we have a healthy baby.

As some of you know Russ thinks that we are having a girl, but I have no intuitions on what we are having. I have had all the symptoms that come with having a girl: nausea, crankiness, carrying low, and a fast heartbeat. Plus Russell swears by the online Chinese calendar. Apparently all you have to do is enter in your birthdays and the due date and voila! you get a gender. Who knows?! We shall see tomorrow so stay tuned I will definitely post what the doctor tells us!

Please say some prayers for us for a healthy baby!

0 comments: